- ‘Optimise’ refers to Optimise Media Group Limited or any of its subsidiaries: Optimise Media (UK) Limited (trading as and referred to as ‘Optimise’), of Norfolk Tower, Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3PA.
- ‘The Optimise site’ or ‘The Optimise website’ refers to the website found at the domain www.optimisemedia.com, including all its international versions.
- ‘Client’ or ‘merchant’ refers to any company or individual who purchases services from Optimise.
- ‘Prospective client’ refers to any company or individual who, by entering information or making an enquiry at the Optimise website, expresses an interest in purchasing services from Optimise.
- ‘Affiliate’ or ‘publisher’ refers to any company or individual who owns and manages a website that directs traffic to Optimise clients in return for commission as part of an affiliate marketing arrangement governed by contract.
- ‘Prospective affiliate’, ‘prospective publisher’ or ‘network applicant’ refers to any company or individual who submits information via an Optimise site with the aim of becoming a registered, contracted affiliate.
- ‘Optimise website user’ refers to an individual who use the Optimise website for any purpose.
- ‘Affiliate website user’ refers to any individual who uses a website owned and operated by an Optimise affiliate.
- ‘Referrer’ refers to any individual who makes (or attempt to make) a recommendation using Optimise referral technology accessed via an Optimise client website, by entering details of another individual (the ‘referee’) who they believe may be interested in the products or services of that client.
- ‘Referee’ refers to any individual who has given their consent for a specific referrer to enter their profile information into Optimise referral technology and, as a result, receives details of a product or service that may be of interest to them.
- ‘Profile information’ refers to information submitted proactively at a website by individuals and companies.
- Individuals’ profile information includes (but is not limited to) name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses, third-party user IDs, URLs of online profiles, bank account information and so on
- Companies’ profile information includes (but is not limited to) company name, trading name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses, domain ownership information, website statistics, website user profiles, bank account information and so on
- ‘User data’ refers to information on the origin and behaviour of users, collected automatically (rather than being submitted proactively) and stored in anonymous and/or aggregated form. User data could include fields such as browser program, operating system, referring website, previous websites visited, entry URL, exit URL, IP address, country of origin, time on site, pages viewed, search text entered and other anonymous data. User data does not include any personally identifiable information.
- ‘Tracking pixel’, ‘action tag’ or ‘transparent gif’ refer to an image included in web pages in affiliate websites (or in web pages in the websites of their partners) that is used to collect user data from visitors to those websites and return it to Optimise.
- ‘Cookie’ refers to small piece of text stored on a user’s computer by a web browser recording information such as user preferences, shopping cart contents and other website data. Cookies do not include any personally identifiable data.
Registration under the Data Protection Act
Optimise Media (UK) Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (registration number Z7016101).
Scope and exclusions
The types of data collected by Optimise, and covered by this policy, are as follows:
- Profile information received in the course of general enquiries about Optimise or its services
- Profile information and supporting correspondence submitted by prospective affiliates at the Optimise website as part of the application procedure to become an Optimise affiliate (whether or not the application is ultimately successful)
- Profile information submitted by current or prospective clients via online forms hosted at the Optimise website
- Profile information entered into our systems by registered affiliates and current clients through the secure login area hosted at the Optimise website
- Individual profile information entered into our systems by referrers
- Individual profile information on referees, entered into our systems by referrers with the referees’ consent
- User data collected by Optimise from users of its own website
- User data collected by Optimise from users of websites owned and controlled by Optimise affiliates, using techniques such as tracking pixels.
Optimise is the data controller for all these types of data.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following types of information are not covered by this policy:
- User data collected by Optimise affiliates from users of websites owned and controlled by those affiliates, using the affiliates’ own technology.
- Profile information collected by Optimise affiliates from users who register at websites owned and controlled by those affiliates, using the affiliates’ own technology.
Use of information
In general, profile information and/or user data is used to deliver services or information to Optimise clients.
Profile information may be used by Optimise for the following purposes:
- To filter information available at the Optimise website, or optimise its presentation, in order to improve, speed up or streamline the experience of using it
- To make commission payments to affiliates on behalf of clients as part of an affiliate marketing arrangement
- To make payments to referrers who have successfully completed a referral using our technology, if directed to do so by the client involved
- To make payments to referees who have taken up a referral made using our technology, if directed to do so by the client involved
- To provide aggregate information on Optimise affiliates to clients and prospective clients on the size and nature of the Optimise affiliate network
- To provide information updates for Optimise affiliates and clients via email updates
- To carry out direct marketing activities
Profile information may be combined with other information for the above purposes.
Anonymous user data may be used by Optimise for the following purposes:
- To calculate performance metrics for individual affiliate websites, or for particular groups of affiliate websites
- To improve the overall targeting (relevancy to target users) of advertisements served by Optimise to its affiliates and included in pages appearing on those affiliates’ sites
- To provide aggregate information to individual clients on the number, behaviour and origin of website users (‘web traffic’) that have been directed to the client’s site from relevant Optimise affiliate sites
- To calculate or estimate volume and/or revenue projections for individual prospective clients, or clients considering a change to their affiliate marketing programmes, based on total audience size and/or usage and aggregate behaviour patterns
- To make (or consider making) improvements to any aspect of the services provided by Optimise, including the improvement of Optimise website functionality
Retention of information
All profile information and user data is retained only for as long as is required in order for it to be used for its intended purpose.
Security of information
Optimise takes all reasonable measures to ensure that profile information and user data are stored as securely as possible and not lost, misused or altered.
Our infrastructure is hosted in an enterprise-level, highly secure data centre with UPS, fire detection and suppression systems with a sophisticated environment management system. Fortigate Firewalls at all our sites provide site to site VPN tunnels. Strong encryption & DH group, short keylife and the latest VPN technologies (PFS,replay detection) ensure the highest level of security. Access to profile information and user data is restricted to those members of staff who must use it in order to carry out their responsibilities. When clients, affiliates or users have been provided with a password that is intended to protect access to their profile or account information, it is their responsibility to keep that password confidential.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Disclosure of information to third parties
Optimise will not pass data to any third party for any reason, subject to the following exceptions.
- Optimise may disclose personal profile information to any law enforcement agency who requests it in connection with the commission of an offence, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful government and/or regulatory requests.
- Optimise may share profile information and/or user data with third-party suppliers engaged with us to assist in the provision of services to
- In the event of a corporate transaction such as the purchase or sale of a business or assets, Optimise may disclose aggregate information on users or affiliates to the purchaser or seller involved.
Both profile information and user data may be transferred between the subsidiary group companies of Optimise Media Group, or between subsidiary companies and the holding company, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 or section 1519 of the UK Companies Act 2006 as applicable.
We use the following cookies:
|A web analytics service provided by Google which sets a cookie to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity.||Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the US and may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or for processing information on Google’s behalf. Google Analytics data is completely anonymous. By using the website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.|
|ASPSESSIONIDCESRBACC||Used for managing your secure login sessions||This cookie creates a unique session ID so that we can securely log you into our website. The cookie is deleted at the end of your session|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Used for managing your secure login sessions||This cookie creates a unique session ID so that we can securely log you into our website. The cookie is deleted at the end of your session|
|AffiliateDashboard15||Saves the preferences for your personalised Reporting Dashboard configuration.||The information tracked within this cookie is anonymous and cannot be tied to any personally identifiable information. Users can control our cookies as detailed below. The cookie will remain on your device for 6 months unless deleted.|
More information about cookies can be found www.aboutcookies.org
You can also control how cookies operate on your device by modifying your browser settings. You will need to ensure that you are running an up to date browser.
- For Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > General > Delete… and follow the instructions.
- For Firefox click Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Clear your recent history… and follow the instructions.
- For Chrome click Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Clear browsing data… and follow the instructions.
Subject access requests
Under the Data Protection Act, individuals can ask to see the information about themselves that is held on computer and in some paper records. If you want to exercise this right, please write to us at the address above, including sufficient information for us to confirm your identity (name, email and login details as a minimum).
We may revise this policy at any time in order to reflect changes to our services, or to comply with changes to relevant legislation and reserve the right to do so without notice. We advise you to check this page often in order to ensure you are aware of any recent revisions.
Links to third-party websites
The Optimise website contains links to websites owned and operated by third parties. Optimise is not responsible for the content of these websites.